Answered By: Penny Pugh Last Updated: Jun 29, 2020 Views: 54
Student Library jobs including Work Study are posted on HandShake. Students MUST use it to apply.
You'll find it on the web at https://studentemployment.wvu.edu/.
Login at https://wvu.joinhandshake.com/login with your WVU ID credentials to search current campus job listings, including any library jobs.
Basic steps include:
- keep your resume up to date
- research and become informed about the place you want to work
- familiarize yourself with information on the website
- talk to people that already have the job you want
- if you lack library experience
- find out what skills are useful at the library
- emphasize your experience and talents that align with those skills
- network and get experience by volunteering
You can follow the WVU Libraries on https://iserve.wvu.edu/ WVU iServe to find volunteer opportunities.